Monday, October 4

not so crisp this Monday

So, the Nebraska Powerball is up to 151 million now. And I pass the huge billboard everyday on my way to work. Its a terrible, but wistful way to spend a commute, I must say. My friend and I were driving down this street on our lunchbreak today, and saw a woman pushing herself up a fairly steep hill in a wheelchair. Andrea said she had noticed quite a few people in that neighborhood who were disabled. She said she wanted to buy them all high powered scooters or chairs. I think thats a nice thing to think about....

Well, anyway, its Monday and crisp. I keep thinking that if I had gone to bed at a reasonable hour last night, my mind would be crisp too. But all I want to do is curl up with a new book and a cup of hot soup. Instead, I am trying to look busy at work on a day where I don't want to be busy. Oh, and eating nacho cheese bugles. Its cold outside, perfect fall day, if only the leaves would change colors! As it goes, they may just turn black and fall off. We are up for a terrible winter I hear. I think I am a veteran to the -30 degree weather that Nebraska can dish out. (shudder)

Listening to Maria Mena. Not a bad cd at all. I think she may appeal to the female persuasion a bit better than men. I expect to hear her music in some up and coming chick flick. We shall see.

So, I suppose this rambling will go on for a bit longer as I have this innate desire to be nostalgic or contemplative....

Oh, I watched Man on Fire last night. That little Dakota Fanning is the cutest thing! But, needless to say, I dreamed of being kidnapped all night long. I remember having to hide under some stairs trying to cover up with a towel so that I wouldn't be seen.....
Terrible dream...

No comments: