Thursday, June 2

Once I worked for a Trucking Company...

I worked in the payroll department and was in charge of paying 200+ drivers each week. It was a busy job, but not altogether unpleasant.

There were quite a few really great people that I got to know. Sometimes they would bring me things from their trips. One guy proposed to me when I worked there. I told him I was too young and wanted to see the world. He asked me where I wanted to go and he would take me. I told him that I wanted to go on a European Trip with lots and lots of money to spend.. He walked away.
Suprisingly he came back later to double check with me. I thought that was nice...but a bit creepy seeing as how I wasnt his payroll girl and had never really talked to him before that day.

There was a lady and man who did team driving. The lady had noticed that I had quite a collection of post cards from across the U.S. and decided to send me postcards from every truck stop they came into. She was so nice!
Yep, those post cards were fun. I had a bunch that were just normal everyday run of the mill cards...but every so often I would get a crazy one. Those were my favorite ones.

No comments: