Tuesday, August 30

Hurricane

We couldn't help but sit glued to the television all day watching the havoc that this hurricane has wreaked on the south. My Mom, being from Mobile, AL was particularly heartsick, in seeing so much of what she grew up around destroyed.

We drove from Utah all the way to Alabama when I was 14 years old, and I remember stopping in New Orleans both directions. It is such a shame to see all of the destruction. All of that history under water...

If anyone out there has family or friends in that area (or ARE in the area), just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

LITTLE MISS said...

thanks becky. It has been heart wrenching. When we finally had our power restored, and could actually see the damage on the news...I broke down. It.is.devastating. And I know how your mom feels. I too have childhood memories of Mobile. And now with so much of New Orleans being wiped out every hour...

it is sickening. I'm grateful my family is safe. My home is safe. And I'll continue to pray for those who aren't.

Just Me said...

yeah..the looters piss me off too...but everything else just makes me want to cry every time i hear about it!!!