Tuesday, November 15

Not enough time!

Sorry for the lapse. Things have been pretty crazy these last couple weeks. I have been helping my parents get ready for the big trip. We leave this Saturday morning and there are just too many things that need to be done before we can leave.

Saturday, Mom and I went shopping with Michele and Emily (two of my sisters-in-law). It was so much fun! Monday, Mom and I went to Cabela's in Lehi to pick up some shirts for all the guys. (Dad, and my three brothers). Today, we went shopping with Heidi (the third sister-in-law). Let me tell you. Shopping is fun! Tomorrow we are getting up early to take the car in for an oil change, and do some more shopping. I don't know where we are going to put all the stuff we've bought!

Thursday and Friday will be cleaning and packing days for all of us. I can't tell you how excited I am to go on this trip. The last time I was able to see my Mom's family, I was 14 years old. My Dad wasn't able to come, because the summer is his busy season. About 3 months after our visit, my Grandma passed away. It was such a miracle that we weren't too late to see her.

This time, it looks like we will be lucky to see my Grandpa. He has congestive heart failure, and things aren't looking too good. Last week he told my sister, who lives close by, that he was just worried that something bad would happen to him before we could all get there.

Mom is pretty stressed about Grandpa's health. This morning her blood sugar dropped to 36. I can't remember it EVER getting that bad!

Anyway, I'm not sure if I will have any time to post again until after we get back as I don't know if anyone in Texas will have an internet hook up (withdrawls!!!). But I will try to keep track of all the fun we will have.

So, if I don't get back online before I leave, I hope ya'll have a fantastic Thanksgiving. This blogging thing has really been fun for me, and I hope everyone out there reading this keep it up. I've learned a lot from ya'll and have laughed alot at ya'll too (wink, wink)

No comments: