Monday, January 31

The Art of Schmoozing

Today I get to waste half a day of work by taking a training class entitled "The Art of Schmoozing." Not sure how this will improve my skills as an employee, but it should be fun. At least I hope it is fun. It will be four hours long!

Speaking of long... I finally watched the 5 hour version of Pride and Prejudice. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it enough to actually think about reading the novel. Not sure why I haven't read it quite yet. My reading list is growing fairly quickly!

I have taken up the hobby of buying used books. I found a new/used copy of The Count of Monte Cristo. I have been looking for quite awhile as the binding on my current copy is deteriorating quickly and pages are falling out. I also found a copy of Tess of the D'Urbervilles. I read it back in High School and remember enjoying it. The beauty of this new hobby, is that I don't beleive I have spent over $1.50 for any book! I love thrift stores for this purpose.

No comments: