Well, its over. All 10 grandkids were here, and the air conditioning was not exactly up to par. It wasnt too bad on the whole.... The twins were only mildy ornery and only really acted up right before bedtime. I am told that this is normal for holidays.
We went to the parade this morning. Hit the park in the afternoon. The kids all got their faces painted and played on a couple of the kid slides they had. After dinner, all the kids played in the pool. When it got dark, my brother brought out the illegal fireworks he had purchased over the border in Evanston and about blew himself up. He had placed two fountains next to each other, lit the far one and leaned over it while lighting the second one.
"They aren't supposed to go off that fast!" he said, after writhing on the ground for about a minute. Ya Neal, fuses are funny that way, they don't take into account the IQ of the person lighting them.... ;)
All in all, he has a 3rd degree burn on his earlobe about the size of the head of a pin. Very lucky I would say. Gave us all quite a scare though. The funny part is, every year, we joke "Is this the year Neal blows himself up?"
But, since you read this Neal, I just want you to know that I love ya, and am very glad you didn't blow your head off. ;)