Wednesday, November 30

Jiggity jig

Well, the trip is over. We made it back to the house around 3:30 pm this afternoon. Now comes the process of unpacking and setting the house back to order.

I don't know where to begin really. So much happened! First I better let the record reflect that baby Julia is not deaf. The test confirmed that she is just a bit slow in her development.

The first day of the trip was pretty uneventful. We stopped in Price for breakfast. We, meaning, Mom, Dad, Russell & Emily, and their 5 kids. I think that little meal really set the bar for the remainder of the trip for my parents. I think they were shell shocked at the amount of energy that 2 and 3 year olds can have at 8 in the morning. Anyway, we stopped to see Billy the Kid's gravesite. That's always been fun. Altogether, the drive there was pretty uneventful. I really got to know my Sister-in-law, Emily, on this trip. She's a great person, and we had a lot of laughs.

We arrived in Texas on the third driving day. It was such a great day! I hadn't seen my Grandpa in a couple years, but there were members of my family who hadn't seen him in 6 or 7. It was really a momentous occasion for Grandpa to see all of his great grandchildren for the first, maybe only, time. My Aunt Linda's kids all made it a priority to travel as well, so, for the first time in the history of my Mom's family, we were all together. I think our Thanksgiving dinner totaled 33 people in all.

Linda says that Grandpa still can't stop talking about it. Needless to say, there were many tears shed the day we had to leave.

No comments: